Selected Oak boards
Grade Q-S A and Q-S 1
- Logs sawn into un-edged boards
- “Eb” and “BME” Grades
- Oak logs from French mostly PEFC certified forests
- Logs debarked, cleanly trimmed, sawn into planks which will be selected for their high quality
- Fresh timber, air dried in a warehouse to prevent checks or kiln dried
- Stored on dry profiled sticks to control stains
- Bundles strapped and identified with barcode label
Dimensions and quality
2 to 4 m
mainly 40 cm
- The accuracy of the sawing is checked on a daily basis with an overmeasure
- Mixture of Grades Q-S A and Q-S 1 to increase the homogeneity of the batches thus providing a greater number of planks without knots.
- Consult European grading system
- Light colour due to the selection of forests where the logs are felled
Recommended grade for joinery, furniture, parquet, flooring with long lengths for a uniform colour.
Boards easy to handle and store; suitable for industrial use, mass production.
Measurement and grading carried out on green tally. Minimum volume: 5 m3 per thickness
Click to view a larger image