Square-edged Oak boules Grade Q-B 1b
- Boards edged after kiln drying of boules
- "Character" grade (called “BM”)
- Oak from French PEFC certified forests
- Boules dried on dry profiled wooden anti-stain sticks,
- Edged, after kiln drying, to requested dimensions
- Square-edged timber bundled, strapped and identified with barcode label
Dimensions and quality
1,8 to 5 m
mainly 150 mm
- Sawing accuracy verified daily
- Sound knots with a diameter between 5 and 40 mm, sound knots with greater diameter permitted if isolated.
- Fairly straight widthways, no "banana effect" due to cutting of kiln dried wood
Pertinent grade for stairs, furniture, parquet, flooring where the authenticity of wood is desired. The presence of small knots and pin knots adds to the character.
Measurement and grading carried out on green tally. Minimum volume: 5 m3 per thickness
Click to view a larger image